Monday, March 13, 2006

Work Day in Coronda--Children's Home (Monday--Part 2)

Monday's blog will most likely be our last entry until we return to Houston on Thursday. Thanks for reading and responding. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I will post more information and pictures when we return.

Blessings! Morris

LaCarpio:
I think of a carp, a fish which feeds upon the bottom, considered by most a trash fish, if caught it is thrown over the bank to rot. When I tried to find LaCarpio on the map before the trip I could not find it. It does not exist. I was told there could be 40,000 or more people there. They do not exist.

But they are there. I have seen them; they exist. Modern day lepers; gangsters, drug addicks, prostitutes, diease ridden, down trodden, dirty, the "po" (like Voddie Bachum says, "to poor to afford the "r", these people could not afford the "o" either and had to scrounge in the trash for the "po". But know thndey are people. "Healthy people don't need a doctor-sick people do." Lk 5:31-32

Yet there is a light. "I have come into the world as light." Jn 12:46

They are people; parents, children who smile and play. "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them!" Mt 19:14

There are those who work each day here. "...I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from Satan to God." Acts 26:17-18

There are those who come to help; to heal, feed, quench thirst, to be a friend, to set free. "For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.I was naked, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me."Mt 25:35-36

"Let's get dirty, let's get used" - Audio Adrenaline

I am amazed at my own response. A feeling that I must rely on God... there is so much to do, so little time, so little ability to do all the things that need to be done. "Do you believe I am able to do this?" Mt 9:28

YES!

Noel thanked us for having patience with the people of LaCarpio. One of my prayers is to thank my Christos (and the people of LaCarpio) for having patience with me to respond. While I have a feeling of guilt, Christ gives me peace again. "...don't worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time." Mt 10:19-20

So many faces, voices, smiles, and names. All to be planted, watered, harvested, and sent to do the same. "One plants and another harvests..." Jn 4:37-38 "Come follow me and I will make you fishers of men" Mt 4:19

Pray for the people of LaCarpio; "God blesses those who are poor and they realize their need for Him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs" Mt 5:3

Pray for the discipling of the boys, make them Jesus Freaks, that Steve is working with; that they will not fall prey to the gangs and drugs, that they become solid men, leaders who will change their, the, world.

Pray for God's Centurions leading from the front line, by example, Steve and Antonio. They are doing His Work. Pray Christs well refreshes them constantly, for wisdom and guidance, for safety, and to reap a bountiful harvest for the never ending Glory of God.

I am the way the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." Jn 4:16

What will I do in the future? Return, how could I not!

What will you do, where, when will is your LaCarpio to be?
*do something

Pablo Stirling


Just when I think I have been blessed more than I can imagine, God graciously shows himself again. I found myself in the midst of rolling hills covered with lush greenery. As we rounded each turn the view was greater than the previous. Then the greatest view of all came into sight, the orphanage. I long awaited this venture with God. I met six beautiful children. All full of grace, hope and childhood. All of which was once forgotten. We sanded and painted the new edition to the orphanage which will be a home for hopefully eight more children. The work was hard but I would not have missed it for the world. Later, as we were in the middle of working on the house and at peak exhaustion, God surrounded us with his presence and clouds floated across the area. It was cool, peaceful and stirring. When we least expect it, God speaks to us. We need only take the time to stop and listen. Today, I stopped, I listened and I will never forget his message. "You have done well my child and I am pleased" What a blessing to be still and know God.

Danielia Mickan

1 Comments:

Blogger La Donna said...

Dear Danielia and Fellows,

What an incredible day you must have had. That worked-yourself-to-the-bone feeling pouring over you and the great satisfaction that comes with it. It sounds like you are experiencing God in all His beauty as He bestows the treasures of His creation on you. Half the accomplishment of truly receiving a gift from the Lord is in recognizing just when He is giving you one! How wonderful to be exhausted and spent and then lift your face to receive a smile from the heavens! I can see it even now in my mind, and it is beautiful!

I am saddened that we won't hear from you again until you are back, but I pray that the Lord will continue His great works through all of you. Be safe and be careful, we will see you soon!

Love to you all in Christ,

La Donna

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home